Dr Ireash ‘Rishi’ Weerasinghe
BOralH, G. Dip. Dent (Griffith University, Gold Coast)
Dr Rishi grew up in Geelong and has always loved the laid back lifestyle that Torquay and the Surf Coast offers. Dr Rishi loves meeting people and getting involved in the community. He is an avid guitar player and is currently trying to convince Dr Yvette that they should get a puppy.
Dr Rishi has a passion for cosmetic dentistry and dental implants and has done considerable further study in advanced dental techniques. He has operated in multiple large clinics in Brisbane, having also worked as a visiting dentist specifically tackling challenging dental cases. His main goal is to create awareness and bring these advanced techniques to the Surf Coast.
- Graduate of The International Academy of Advanced Dentistry (IAAD) Comprehensive Implant program
- Completed Oral Plastic Surgery program though the Centre for Advanced Dental Education in minimally invasive soft tissue grafting for teeth and implants
- Trained under Specialist Dr Juan Francisco in Implants and Predictable Grafting (BioHorizons Implant Course)
- Attended AICE (Australian Institute Continuing Education in Dentistry) program in restoring function and aesthetics in complex wear cases
- Attended numerous courses on cosmetic dentistry – including resin and porcelain veneers (Australian Dental Association)
Dr Yvette Fahey
BDSc (Hons) University of Queensland
Dr Yvette grew up in Canberra and has been convinced by Dr Rishi that the Surf Coast is the most beautiful place in the world – and she agrees. Before setting up Torquay Dental Dr Yvette has enjoyed working throughout Queensland and is happy to finally be escaping the heat and loves the lifestyle Torquay has to offer. In her spare time, Dr Yvette loves cooking, watching movies and spending time with family and friends.
Dr Yvette absolutely loves dentistry. She particularly likes working with anxious patients and feels an incredible sense of achievement when she is able to work with her patients to overcome dental anxieties. She also loves working with children. Dr Yvette has undergone further training which allows her to use facial injectables (anti-wrinkle injections and dermal filler) and loves making patients feel good about themselves. Dr Yvette has also undergone extensive training in orthodontic treatment (Braces).